Army OCP “Scorpion”
As part of the new Scorpion W2 uniform boots will change from their current coloring of Desert Tan to Coyote Brown. Boot specifications are as follows:
- Boot leather is to be flesh-out cattle hide dyed to Coyote 498
- Any and all fabric components must also be dyed Coyote 498
- Box toe and heel counter must be a minimum of 1.5” with larger sizes allowed as the boot size goes up
- Shank or equivalent support must be used at the midfoot with the following measurements as the guide: for a size 10R or equivalent, shank must be a minimum of 4” long and 5/8” wide, conforming to size of the last with changes in measurements in accordance with changes in boot size.
- If the cushion midsole is externally visible it must be dyed Coyote 498
- Outersole must be rubber or pure polyether polyurethane. Entire outersole, including identification plug, must be Coyote 498
- Sole height must not exceed 2” in total, measured from the bottom edge of the outersole to the top of the upper immediately above.
- Internal boot height must be between 8” and 10” when measured with the insole insert removed from the back on the inside of the boot. External measurement of boot height must not exceed 11”. Height may adjust within those parameters according to boot size.
- Boots must have internal manufacturer’s product number. External labelling is allowed as long as it matches all external components in color.
Soldiers may wear Desert Tan boots until May of 2018. Desert Tan boots may be worn with either UCP ACU or OCP ACU. Coyote Brown boots may only be worn with the new OCP ACU. AAFES MCS is currently scheduled to begin selling the new OCP ACU and boots on July 1, 2015.